Shaarei Torah Schools was established as a primary school in the Johannesburg suburb of Yeoville in 1978. Over the years, the school has developed into a high quality educational institution offering the full educational experience from playgroup through to high school for both boys and girls.
Objectives of the school are:
- To provide a wholesome Torah environment in Johannesburg which will inspire our young men and women to pursue לימוד התורה as a lifelong goal and to identify firmly with the life and values of בני תורה.
- To provide for our תלמידים a solid background and a high level in לימודי קודש thereby enabling them to integrate into top ישיבות and seminaries.
- To provide for our תלמידים a well organised and disciplined school environment, based on sound educational principles.
- To proactively look after the learners' welfare and development, in and out of school, by promoting appropriate informal and extracurricular activities and other social and educational outlets.
- To pursue a thorough General Studies curriculum that will enable our תלמידים to achieve a matriculation certificate.
- To arrange support and enrichment for תלמידים with differing learning styles and abilities.
- To supervise that discipline and respectful behavior will be maintained throughout the day.
- To maintain partnership and communication between parents, administration, teachers and תלמידים.
- Executive Director: Rabbi Dov Connack
- Nursery School Supervisor: Morah Merle Berkow
- Primary School Principal: Rabbi Shlomo Kolko
- Boys High Schol Menahel: Rabbi Moshe Chaim Salzer
- Beis Yaacov Girls Menahel: Rabbi Eliyahu Sussman
Rabbinic Advisory Board
A Rabbinic advisory board meets with the administration during the year in order to suggest enhancements to the curriculum or to discuss any “דעת תורה" topics which may arise. Specific meetings may also be called by the administration or the Rabbonim.
The present board is comprised of:
- Rabbi Y. Auerbach שליט"א
- Rabbi B. Grossnass שליט"א
- Rabbi Y. Salzer שליט"א